United Methodist Women is a global organization of over one million members with a focus on ministering to the needs of women and children. Our purpose is “to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the local and global ministries of the Church. Providence UMW General Meetings are held at 10:30 a.m., are scheduled on the first Tuesday of each month during the school year. Lunch in the Atrium follows the program. Circles, which are smaller groups with an individual emphasis, provide time for fellowship as well as study. The age groups listed are merely an indication of current membership; visitors of all ages are always welcome.
Learn more about each circle, meeting times, and contacts here.
Learn more about each of the Providence United Methodist Women circles, meeting times & places, and contacts:
- Bible Study, 2nd Monday, 10:00 a.m., Church Parlor, Ages 60+
- Contact: Dottie Bradshaw
- Open to all ages, this circle focuses on reading and interpreting the Bible.
- Fellowship, Service & Study, 2nd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m., Homes & Parlor, Ages 50+
- Contact: Cackie Baldwin
- Programs and discussions are on a variety of topics related to the UMW. Active in UMW projects.
- Fellowship & Service, 2nd Thursday, 10:00 a.m., Homes, Ages 35-55
- Contact: Jackie Logan
- This group of women, with children from elementary school to college, meets in homes for various monthly programs on fellowship and service, plans social activities, makes sandwiches for the Soup Kitchen and volunteers at Second Harvest Food Bank for our circle’s mission.
- Fellowship, Service, Programs, 2nd Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., Parlor, Ages 35-60
- Contact: Shelley Sturges
- No matter where your workplace is, find rejuvenation here with supportive friends sharing fellowship and prayer concerns.
- Fellowship & Outreach, 2nd Tuesday, 9:45 a.m., A103, Ages 25-40
- Contact: Pam Bennett
- This circle provides warm fellowship for homemakers, with programs and service projects. Child care is provided.
- Outreach, Fellowship, 2nd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m., A105-A107, Ages 50+
- Contact: Linda Hammack
- This circle is very involved with volunteering. They support Crisis Assistance, Bethlehem Center and the Soup Kitchen.
- Programs, Outreach, & Fellowship, 2nd Wednesday, 10:00 a.m., Charter Annex, Ages 50+
- Contact: Eleanor Anderson
- Very interested in missions; their programs and speakers all focus on the UMW purpose by using UMW materials and ideas.
- Fellowship & Support, 2nd Wednesday, 11:00 a.m., Aldersgate, Ages 80+
- Contact: Carol Lowe
- This circle has a strong emphasis on loving fellowship.
- Fellowship & Outreach, 2nd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m., Homes, Ages 35+
- Contact: Margaret Smith
- A circle of homemakers with older school age children, they enjoy both programs and outreach projects relevant to the interests of the group.
- Programs, Friendship & Service, 2nd Wednesday, 9:30 a.m., A101-A103, Ages 50+
- Contact: Mary Jo Parnell
- Meetings feature a speaker, a field trip or one of several annual service projects. Summer months are casual social gatherings.
- Study, Service & Fellowship, 1st Sunday after UMW General Meeting, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m., Parlor, Ages 35+
- Contact: Donna Bishop
- Members enjoy fellowship, service projects and Christian based programs that benefit a career woman or homemaker.