Providence UMC acquired the Aeolian-Skinner organ Opus 1472 from the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC. The organ was originally built and installed in the Kennedy Center in 1971. Opus 1472 was removed from the Center in 2012 and became the core for Parkey OrganBuilders Opus 14.
To complement its new home in our Church’s Sanctuary, the organ received new main windchests, complete winding system and new cases and facades. The original components and pipework have received extensive renovations for relocation, and a number of new components were custom-built for the Church.